Pirates Cove Restaurant & Marina is a wonderful place to enjoy fine classic
seafood dining the year round with the scenic charm of the West River.
Live Entertainment in the lounge on the weekends year round
The town of Galesville is rich with history and character dating back to 1652.
In 2002 Galesville celebrated its 350th anniversary. Originally this area was
called Brownton, and later the name was changed to West River landing and
then to Galloways.
Almost from the beginning West River landing became a focal point of shipping
and travel in this area. In 1684 it was officially designated a "Port of Entry" for checking imports and exports, along with Town Point of Herring Bay,
Londontown on the South River and "Newtown" now Annapolis on the Severn.
The West River Quaker Meeting in the spring of 1672 represented the birth of Quakerism in Maryland, the second such meeting in Maryland, and the third
meeting established in the world.
In 1924 the name was changed to what we now know as Galesville in honor of Richard Gale, a prominent Quaker planter in the area. More about Galesville
can be found in the book " The Legend, the Legacy" in the lobby of the
restaurant, or just talking to the locals in the area.
In 1960 the Pirates Cove restaurant was established. Since 1984 it has been
owned and operated by Bob and Theano Platt.